Effective May 28, 2018
Personal Profile In order to become a member of mycoop you will be asked to register and during that process you must indicate your agreement to these Terms in order to access all of the functionality offered by the Site. You will also have the opportunity to create a personal profile and it is your responsibility to ensure the information (including any images) set out in your personal profile complies with these Terms. You agree to never give your password out to another person. You also agree to NEVER use another person’s account for any reason. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized access to or use of your account or log-in credentials.
Manager Your resident manager, landlord or property manager, its employees, and agents, including maintenance and service providers, (collectively, the “Manager”)
Your Obligations We encourage you to contribute content to the Site. However:
- You agree you will not post any material (including links to other websites or images) which infringes or violates someone else’s rights, is false, defamatory, inappropriate, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, pornographic, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any applicable laws. Any form of Hate Speech or discrimination on the basis of religion, race, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, etc. will not be tolerated and User shall be subject to removal.
- As a member of the MyCoop site you are encouraged to speak freely, contribute to discussions, answer questions and from time to time you may voice personal opinions or preferences regarding posted issues. However, personal attacks, threats or abuse will not be tolerated.
- You also agree not to attribute quotations to individuals for the purpose of furthering opinions, debates, discussions or support on any topic areas or to bolster the credibility of a proposition based on the attribution supplied by the User without the individual’s permission. Similarly, as a member of this site you agree to not deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive, offensive, meaningless or SPAM messages.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.
- Where you have the right to copy material, do not post the entire content – an extract followed by a link to the original material is preferable.
- Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on the Site. Doing so may lead to you being banned (and your service provider being informed).
- In addition, if you believe that a posted message is objectionable, notify mycoop immediately at the contact details set out below.
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these Terms. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless mycoop, its subsidiaries, and employees from and against any claims, losses or liabilities resulting from a violation by you of these Terms.
Permission to Enter Certain functions of the Service include an option to permit the Manager to enter your home. By selecting such an option, you are authorizing the Manager to enter your home during the time period indicated through the Service, solely for the purpose of investigating or resolving the issue or concern you reported through the Service. You hereby acknowledge that you might not receive any additional communication or confirmation of this authorization.
Communications By creating an account on the Site, you subscribe to newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information we may send. However, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send. Opting out from our communications does not opt out of any communications you might receive from the Manager or any other third party.
Message Charges Neither mycoop, the Manager and/or third parties involved in such text messages are directly charging you to receive such text messages. However, standard message and data rates do apply for the services through your third party service provider/carrier. Please check your ‘SMS’ rate plan that you setup with your third party service provider/carrier.
Limitation of Liability Comments or opinions expressed on the Site are those of their staff and delegated contributors only and (unless mycoop advises otherwise) and do not represent the views of mycoop its subsidiaries, management or employees. Mycoop does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. Mycoop is not responsible and disclaims any and all liability for content posted by outside contributors to the Site.
Mycoop may (but is not required to) moderate the Site and reserves the right to: (1) remove objectionable content (including links and images), within a reasonable time frame and without notice, if it determines at its sole discretion that removal is necessary. While every attempt is made to remove objectionable material as quickly as possible, reviewing all user-submitted content is a manual process and it is impossible to remove or edit particular messages immediately; (2) Mycoop may delete, move or close any Forum, Blog, topic or comment at any time at its absolute discretion; (3) reveal your identity (or any other related information collected within the Site) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of the Site; (4) include information about, and links to, other mycoop content and information that may be of interest to you.
Disclaimer Your use of the Site is at your sole risk. The Site is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Site is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
Mycoop. its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Site will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; d) your Content or other data is secure; or e) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements or expectations. You agree that, by agreeing to these Terms, you are waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
Changes These Terms are subject to change at any time without prior notification. If these Terms are changed, we will post the new terms and change the version number accordingly. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting and your access to and use of the Site following the posting constitutes your acceptance of the revised Terms.